Are you looking to make some extra cash or pick up a side hustle?
If so, you may be wondering how to find gigs near me.
The good news is, there are lots of places to find both short and long term gigs if you know where to look.
Here’s how to get started!
How to Find Quick Cash Gigs Near Me
Gig jobs are the hot new way to earn extra income, and more and more individuals are using gigs to help supplement their income.
If you would like to earn in your spare time without a full time commitment, finding gig jobs can be a beneficial way to make money.
Here are some of the places to find gig jobs in your area.
Facebook and Online Community Groups
Finding a part-time or full-time gig can be as simple as searching your social media accounts! Many Facebook groups and Nextdoor communities offer job postings and opportunities for help wanted for both permanent and temporary positions.
Search for and join marketplace groups for your area and keep an eye out on postings. I’ve found both in-person and online freelance gigs this way often, and it is an excellent way to find work to supplement your income.
Need a position where you work virtually from home?
Those are available too! Search for “remote” and “virtual” worker groups in your niche and keep an eye out for opportunities that fit your skills.
Depending on the types of jobs you are applying for, it may be prudent to update your resume before applying and also have a link to an online portfolio with samples of your work.
If you’re looking to pick up some extra hours of work to help pay bills or to supplement your day job, Craig’s List can be an excellent resource for finding temporary and part-time work.
While you will want to use a bit of caution before meeting unknown people in person, most postings are by local businesses needing help and many are willing to hire ASAP.
Get a Side Hustle
Whether you are already employed full time and just want or need some extra income or you are unemployed or underemployed and need to make more, a side hustle can help you increase your earning potential. Here are just a few ways to earn additional income with side hustles and gigs.
- Surveys: While you may not have enough time to work extra hours, can you answer questions at night or on the weekends while you’re home with the kids or watching TV? While surveys may not replace your day job or pay your mortgage, they can help provide extra income. Some of our favorites are Survey Junkie, Inbox Dollars and Swagbucks. Check out these best survey apps to make extra money in 2021.
- Focus Groups: Like sharing your opinions? Many companies and consumer agencies are looking for individuals to share feedback both in person and via online chat about different topics and products. I’ve done many of these and they can be a fun and profitable way to earn extra money in an hour or two.
- Freelance Online: Do you have online skills like writing, web design, illustration, or graphic design? If so, you may just be able to pick up an odd job or two for some quick cash while working from home or your local coffee shop. Try freelance gig sites like Upwork, Fiverr, FlexJobs and Freelancer to earn extra income and you may also get some great portfolio pieces as well.
Other freelance services include Rumble and Newsflare for selling videos and Shutterstock for selling photographs.
Deliver for Dollars
If you are looking for a flexible gig where you can earn money and set your own hours, delivery drivers are the hot new side hustle!
The current situation has sent the need for home delivery sky high and there are a large number of companies looking for drivers.
If you have a reliable vehicle, car insurance, a valid driver’s license and a smartphone, making money can be as simple as submitting a short application, downloading an app and getting started.
Many of these companies allow you to pick up gigs as your schedule permits and you can earn money during your lunch break, while the kids are in school or in the evenings.
Some of our top picks for delivery gigs include the following:
- DoorDash: One of the best known delivery gigs, DoorDash hires drivers known as Dashers to deliver restaurant meals to customers at home, work or on the go. Drivers use their smartphone app to find gigs near me and work whenever they are available, allowing a flexible schedule.
- Instacart: This popular service offers gig workers two different ways to make money with both in-store shopping gigs and grocery delivery jobs. Full-service shoppers with Instacart both shop for customers orders and make deliveries. In-store shoppers for Instacart pick and prepare orders at retailers, getting them ready to be picked up.
- Grubhub: This delivery service has been bringing take out to customers since 2004. Drivers for GrubHub can earn competitive pay and keep 100% of the tips earned on their deliveries.
Check out our article on apps like DoorDash that pay for more delivery gigs.
Rent Out a Room
Have an extra room or even an additional property? That extra space could be earning you extra income!
Consider renting out a room on Airbnb for some quick cash and even regular income.
Take Your Love of Pets on the Go
Love dogs and being outdoors?
If so, you might be able to walk dogs professionally! Rover.com is always looking for new individuals for dog walking, as well as pet sitting and pet boarding.
This is a flexible way to find gigs near me and to get your furry friend fix as well.
Get Paid to Game
Love to play games? You could earn cash doing it!
Consider starting a Youtube or Twitch channel.
Once it grows, you may be able to earn advertising revenue. Mistplay also offers rewards for playing games.
Try a Temporary Agency
If you’re looking for work, but want something more flexible and short term, a temporary agency may be the way to go.
Many agencies even have online work from home jobs available.
Make Your Own Gig
Want to start your own business? Have the desire to work hard and hustle? If so, you may be able to make your own gig.
If you’re handy and can do odd jobs there are lots of people who need your services. Do you have a mower, snow shovel or snow blower?
You can help out people and earn money at the same time. Use your skills to help you make money and promote your services on online groups as well as placing flyers on local billboards.
Your earning potential is huge and you can also set your own hours to work around another job or your family.
If you’re looking for labor gigs near me, there are lots of opportunities if you know where to look!
Side hustles are an easy way to supplement your income, and many of these gigs have flexible ways to earn money in your spare time.
Have a gig opportunity that I missed? Leave a comment below!
Kim Ritter is a frugal living expert, blogger and mom of two from small-town Iowa. What began as an effort to help her family save a few dollars a month has now transformed into a full-time passion to help other parents money. Visit her online at twokidsandacoupon.com and follow her on Twitter at @2kidsandacoupon for more ways your family can have fun on a budget.