Umdey Video not showing or playback Problems and Solutions ?
Often when I tried to load a udemy course that I was about half-way via in Firefox, I noticed that the course video was not loading anymore.
The course itself displayed tremendous with its lessons, and the whole lot else worked as well. Only the video itself wouldn’t load, and a clean white web page was displayed instead (with the same old header on the top although).
It took me some time to determine what was happening and at that time, I had tried a few issues to get the video to play together with logging on and off once more, clearing the browser cache, and switching to a different browser.
It seems that in my particular case, Udemy had issues. There’s all the time that possibility, and it’s a possible one if the whole lot worked friendly earlier than, and also you didn’t change something within the meantime.
Chances are you’ll obtain error messages or different indicators that one thing isn’t proper, together with:
- A blank white display that doesn’t show the video player controls nor the video itself.
- The error message “Error Loading Media: File not Found” seems on the screen.
- The error message “Error Loading Media: Plugin Not Discovered” seems on display.
For those who’re encountering audio or video issues whereas trying to look at a course on a browser, this article explains various methods to troubleshoot these problems.
Minimum requirements to playback udemy courses online
Please note that a broadband connection with a minimum speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps is required to watch a Udemy course in your device. The remainder of our system requirements is listed here.
Decide if your environment’s causing the issue.
To find out whether or not your device, settings, or internet connection could also be causing the issue, please attempt watching one other lecture or course.
For those who’re capable of watch different lectures with no issues, this means there’s a technical problem with the unique video. Please contact support so our group can examine additional and report the difficulty.
For those who’re encountering playback issues with other lectures, however, then please try the troubleshooting steps outlined under.
Troubleshooting points along with your course taking part in the atmosphere
For those who’ve decided the issue is because of a difficulty along with your course taking part in the environment, please do the next:
- Try watching the single lecture in an incognito window.
- If the video performs without challenge, try checking your extension, plugin or firewall program in your device to see if it must be reconfigured or disabled.
- For those who’re encountering the issue while watching the video in your company’s network, try watching the video on a non-company network instead. For those who’re capable of watch the video with none challenge, please report the problem to your company’s IT group.
- Try a different browser. For those who’re not already using Google Chrome, we recommend using it, as we’ve discovered it works finest to look at Udemy programs.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache and restart it earlier than making an attempt once more.
- A minimal web speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps is required to look at a Udemy for Enterprise course in your gadget. Check your internet connection speed to ensure your atmosphere meets this and that your system meets our requirements. In case your web velocity is low, attempt lowering the video quality of the lecture, or watching the course throughout non-peak hours when your web connection is extra dependable.
- Flip off any hardware acceleration you could have put in (in Firefox or on Windows).
- For those who can’t hear any audio, double-check to see that the course player volume is turned up and that the video isn’t muted, test the sound settings in your device.
- Restart your pc and network devices (modems/switches/routers).
- In the interim, try watching it offline on the mobile app.
There is no such thing as a standard answer to fix video playback issues on Udemy. There are, however, possible causes and fixes for these points.
The list of fixes below is sorted by comfort. First, you find repairs that can be utilized in a matter of seconds after which in a while fixes that require extra time.
1. Refresh the web page
Hit Ctrl-F5 on the keyboard to power a reload of the web page. The Ctrl-key ensures that the disk cache is bypassed so that each one content is retrieved from Udemy instantly once more.
2. Restart your browser
That is one other easy possibility which will work on occasions. Simply shut the browser and open it once more afterward to see if it fixes the difficulty.
That is an exciting option. Udemy helps Flash video and HTML video, and you’ll change between the 2 in your profile. Do the next to change the format:
- Click on the down arrow icon within the higher proper nook of the display and within the menu that opens on the edit profile icon.
- Choose preferences on the left side.
- The subsequent web page shows the default video participant and the possibility to change to the opposite supported participant.
4. Try one other browser
You probably have one other browser in your system, e.g. Internet Explorer on Windows if you’re utilizing Firefox or Chrome, try that browser to see if the issue is browser-related.
You possibly can obtain a transportable model of Firefox or Chrome as nicely and use it for these sorts of exams.
5. Be sure that Flash is updated
If you’re using the Flash video participant on Udemy, make it possible for the plugin is updated. You possibly can obtain the newest model of Flash from Adobe.
Here’s What to Do About Slow Video Streaming on Udemy
You’ve simply purchased a course on Udemy, and also you’re all of the sudden hit with sluggish video streaming. The fixed buffering, lagging and stuttering of the video can hinder your curiosity and study from the course. To not point out your persistence! You might have tried a number of issues to repair the issue however can’t determine it out.
So, what are you able to do about sluggish video streaming on Udemy? Here is what to do:
- First, check your web speed and how many devices are using it.
- Subsequent, attempt downloading the course and watching from your individual media participant.
- Lastly, you may change the video high quality.
This text will go over intimately how one can troubleshoot your sluggish video streaming on Udemy. We’ll focus on the assorted strategies you may attempt to repair the issue and benefit from the data. One of these strategies ought to repair any challenge it’s possible you’ll be having with Udemy’s movies. You paid for the course, and also you deserve to look at it because it was supposed to be watched!
Why is Udemy So Slow?
Some customers have complained that the Udemy server itself is slow. On condition that the web site gives so many programs and are regularly importing new programs every day, they’ve plenty of knowledge getting used on the identical time. This can be an excessive amount of for his or her server to deal with, which ends up in laggy and sluggish video speeds.
Your browser stands out as a challenge. Some browsers that aren’t up to date to the newest model might have to bother taking part in Udemy course movies at their designated velocity. Attempt checking your browser model and replace it if wanted. You might also have extra luck utilizing a distinct browser since some might have higher outcomes accessing the server than others.
Verify your internet speeds and electronic hookups. In case your web is restricted, or under a sure velocity, it might not play the Udemy programs accurately. Do this free internet speed tester to see the place your web velocity stands! You also need to test what all is utilizing your web once you’re making an attempt to look at a course. A number of electronics can have an effect on the web.
Your log-in may have timed out. For those who’ve been signed into your Udemy account for a prolonged size of time, the high server quality for movies might change. An easy log-out and log-in might repair the issue. Not solely will it refresh the web page. However, it’ll additionally refresh your log-in, which can assist to reset your web connection to the Udemy server.
For those who’re nonetheless having points, it could be one thing to do along with your router or network, ISP, or SSL settings (the Safe Socket Layer protocols in your pc that determine how one can deal with HTTPS websites like. Udemy).
For those who’re using wifi, try one other gadget in your router to see if the issue persists, or if it’s just your pc. If it’s simply your pc, analysis the up to date preferable SSL settings in your system, or go into your management panel Safety Settings to the Superior Controls and try checking or resetting your SSL checkmarks there).
If the issue persists throughout a number of units, it could possibly be your router settings or your ISP’s issue – as once you dwell in a rustic with border firewalls, which might include slow loading till pages are timed out. In this case, acquire a VPN-connected gadget to see if it will possibly log onto the web site out of your wifi. If it will possible, it’s possible you’ll want a VPN service with a great observe file in your location.
This selection might assist you to entry extra of the online basically. Nonetheless, it must be famous that web entry can all the time be bodily interrupted at a main router or spine of a nation’s satellite tv for pc or ocean cable telecom community. VPN’s are normally authorized and sensible (as of this writing), although it might create a bit extra lag.
I went via all of the strategies described above; all of them supplied a temporary answer, however, the VPN is what lastly worked for me in my heavily-firewalled location the place Udemy was not technically blocked, however sufficiently slowed to a standstill.
A Change Can Do Some Good
One other fast repair you may attempt to velocity up video streaming on Udemy is to change what you’re using to view the video. You possibly can change up the pc or browser that you’re utilizing to alter the video velocity. It may be a fast repair that may assist in the meanwhile when you don’t need to look forward to the course to obtain onto your pc.
Change the pc or laptop computer you’re utilizing to view the course. This can be an easy repair when you have one other pc or digital to stream the course on. Typically computer systems or laptops which can be older have extra bother streaming movies than extra up-to-date ones. In addition to having completely different energy boards that may influence how nicely it works.
Clear your browser of cookies and cache. You can have plenty of apps or web sites that can be sucking up knowledge in your pc or digital gadget. This can influence how nicely your video is streaming. You possibly can clear your browser and restart it and may see a distinction in how nicely the video streams. Here’s a fast how-to on clearing your browser cache.
Restart your units and browser to offer it one other likelihood to hook up with the Udemy server. An easy restart can reboot your pc in addition to your browser once you log again into Udemy and attempt to view your video once more. Whereas this option might not work on a regular basis, it undoubtedly might help reset your web connection to the Udemy server.
Adblockers and Firewall Can Be to Blame
You might have adblockers or a firewall up in your pc or laptop computer that may have an effect on how nicely the video and its audio are working. Be sure you flip these off whereas on the Udemy web site if you’re having video streaming points. They’ll take up your web connection and knowledge to run together with what the video streaming is taking over too.
Use an incognito window to cease adblockers and firewalls. You possibly can open an incognito window, which is able to assist you to view Udemy movies privately without all of the plugins and adblockers operating in your common browser. For those who discover that this works, then you already know that it was both your adblocker or firewall affecting your browser velocity.
You should utilize an add-on to view your Udemy course. This will sound counterintuitive to our earlier level. However, customers have stated nice issues about an add-on referred to as Touch VPN. It really works equally to an incognito window, the place you’d watch the video privately without another app affecting your video streaming.
Attempt watching different video servers like YouTube, and see if you have related points. Your adblocker or firewall might influence Udemy’s web site however, it might not have an effect on different web sites. This might help troubleshoot whether or not it’s the Udemy server or video streaming basically that’s inflicting your points. This is usually an easy take a look at to see if that’s the trigger.
Troubleshooting Video Issues on The Udemy Mobile App
For those who’re encountering audio or video points whereas trying to look at your course with the Udemy cell app, this text explains varied methods to resolve these issues. Our help group may also observe this information when responding to inquiries concerning this.
Decide in case your atmosphere’s inflicting the difficulty.
Attempt watching one other lecture or course to find out whether or not your cell gadget, settings, or web connection could also be inflicting the issue. For those who’re capable of watch different lectures with no points, this means there’s a technical challenge with the unique video and never your environment. You possibly can report the issue by clicking here.
For those who’re encountering playback points with other lectures, nevertheless, then please attempt the troubleshooting steps outlined under.
Troubleshooting video loading points (i.e., the video retains loading/buffering, you see a clean display)
For those who still encounter points while watching different course movies, then this means there’s a difficulty along with your gadget, settings or internet connection.
- Make sure that the device/network connection meets our system requirements and just be sure you replace to the newest Udemy app version.
- Chances are you’ll be viewing the course with a sluggish web connection or a weak mobile sign. Please attempt the next:
- Reduce the video streaming quality to play the video in a decrease decision
- Restart your gadget and your modem/router when you’re on a wifi network to see in case your web connection improves
- Flip cell knowledge off, wait ten seconds, after which flip it again on.
- Obtain the course for offline viewing as a substitute for streaming it online
For those who proceed to expertise playback points after attempting the steps above, please do the next:
- Restart the Udemy app
- Delete the Udemy app from your device and reinstall it. Please bear in mind that any content material you could have saved for offline viewing will probably be eliminated after the app reinstallation. You will have to re-download the content material as soon as once more.
Troubleshooting playback issues with downloaded lectures
For those who’re encountering playback issues with lectures you’ve downloaded for offline viewing, please attempt the next:
- Attempt downloading one other lecture and watching it offline. For those who’re capable of view different lectures offline with none issues, this means there’s possible a technical challenge with the unique video and never your gadget. You possibly can report the problem by clicking here.
- Verify to see that the course or lecture was downloaded efficiently. Steps on how one can obtain course and lectures on the cell app might learn within the articles under:
- Take away the offline content and obtain the lecture(s) once more. Whereas we perceive this may be an inconvenience, it might resolve the difficulty if the information within the reminiscence storage is damaged or lacking.
For those who proceed to expertise points with the downloaded movies, please do the next:
- Activate aeroplane mode in your gadget and check out watching the downloaded lectures. To take action, please shut all apps operating > test the gadget’s settings > search AirPlane/Flight mode > flip it on.
- Flip off your web connection (in addition to your cell knowledge sign) after which attempt is taking part in the content material you’ve downloaded.
- Attempt restarting the Udemy app.
- Delete the Udemy app out of your gadget and reinstall it. Please notice that any offline content material you’ve saved out of your programs will probably be eliminated totally after the app reinstallation. You will have to re-download the content material as soon as once more.
How to Download the Course Offline
An easy answer you can to attempt for sluggish video velocity is to obtain the Udemy course. You possibly can have it in your pc and watch it via your individual media participant. You received want to fret concerning the Udemy server and may watch the video in its entirety. You received want to fret concerning the web both since you could have all the info already.
Downloading also can allow you to rewatch or rewind the video with none problem. Chances are you’ll not watch to mess with a Udemy video course when you’re lastly getting good high quality and seamless speeds. Even when you needed to rewind to listen to one thing once more, you’d be too anxious that it will trigger it to buffer over again. Downloading the course will assist in that regard.
You possibly can all the time delete the course once you’re completed to unlock the area in your pc. When you join an Udemy course, you’ll all the time have entry to all of the supplies at your leisure. So, you may obtain the course video and delete it off your pc, however, nonetheless, have entry to the net model of the video to obtain once more.
Downloading the video also can repair any audio points with the course. Some customers have additionally complained concerning the audio being off or distorted once they have tried to stream it on the Udemy server. For those who obtain the video, you may repair the audio points as nicely since all the info has been downloaded to your pc.
We’ve mentioned why Udemy video streaming could also be sluggish and how one can remedy it. You possibly can all the time to assess your web speeds to see if that’s inflicting any issues. You should utilize a non-public browser to bypass adblockers and plugins that could be messing along with your high video quality. It’s also possible to obtain the course to get previous web points altogether.
Hopefully, one in all these strategies labored for you, and also you’re having fun with your Udemy video streaming!
If the issue persists, you may contact udemy to assist and help.
If not one of the strategies resolved your challenge, it’s possible you’ll need to contact Udemy help instantly. Mail them at [email protected] and embrace details about your browser, working system, the course, and video you encountered the difficulty, and screenshots of it as nicely.